Guinness World Records of Music

One of my favorite things to do in the fourth grade was to look at my two copies of the Guinness Book of World Records (the 2006 and 2009 editions). So, I figured it is time I go down memory lane, and look at the Guinness World Records website for some fun ones.

Click the bold for it to take you to the website for more info


aka "disco Star Wars"


I forget this song exists quite a bit, but every time I remember it, I laugh. It is just one of those songs that you would think is made up... but it isn't. Then, to my surprise, it is the only instrumental song to reach platinum. The 70s was a weird time...



My question is why so many people giving birth at the same time? - Perhaps it was stress-induced...

This concert in 1969, featuring the Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Santana, Grateful Dead, etc, is more well known with the murder by a member of the motorcycle gang, Hells Angels, hired to do security. The same number of people that died in that concert is the same number of births that occurred.

Forget Disco Demolition night, this might have been the most (or one of the most I should say) chaotic events in modern music history.


See the look on her face. It screams: "You wish you made as much money as me."





This was a record that was broken intentionally. Apparently, this Chinese artist wanted to break a world record for the 25th anniversary of her music career. Now, guys, I went up to Pike's Peak and got pretty light-headed. This is about 4000 feet below the elevation of Pike's Peak but I don't think I would be able to do it guys.


I don't know what the big deal is... I could do that too if I quit school, miss an exam, fail a class... Okay, I'm exaggerating, but what is my point? Yeah... I don't think I could do it.



I was talking to my sister and trying to figure what the name of this instrument was. I told her "It's like a one-stringed-Chinese-cello." Alas, google was no help...

An erhu up-close for reference

Now that I saw this world record, I finally know the name (and I also learned it actually has two strings, not one).


Last but not least...



65.66 seconds. Beat that, guys!