Do you listen to who is on your t-shirt?

So I went to Kohl's the other day, and I saw a Pink Floyd t-shirt.

Okay, now this wasn't exactly the one that I saw, but you get the point. The Dark Side of the Moon t-shirt in the juniors section close to where I walked in

Then I thought how likely is it that the girl who is buying this shirt actually listens to Pink Floyd. I could be wrong, but most girls probably aren't avid Pink Floyd listeners (myself included). After seeing this shirt, I thought "I should really listen to this band if they're on so many t-shirts and educate myself" so I did. I knew a few of their songs, like "Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2," but I never listened to an album of theirs in full. Finally, I listened to The Dark Side of the Moon in full.

After that, I decided I should talk about this t-shirt thing

Apparently, Justin Bieber and Marilyn Manson have been in a t-shirt feud?

Some may get upset at people who wear t-shirts of bands they don't listen to, but if anything, I think it shows that album covers or band logos are a work of art. Kudos to the graphic designers and fashion designers for knowing a good brand when they see it.

How dare a Kardashian wear a Metallica shirt!

If anything, I think people might be upset at the fact that someone can wear a shirt without having to put in all the effort of a true fan. That or (even worse in my opinion) people don't want to consider that it's possible that those people could be "fans" of their band. Regardless, I think it's pretty childish. Who's to say that I am more worthy of getting a Pink Floyd now rather than before I listened to an album of theirs completely. How about we just listen to what we want and wear what we want!?

If I had to guess, I bet he probably does listen to Prince considering he seems the right demographic to like him, but we might never know for sure

Do I listen to who's on my t-shirt? Actually, I don't have that many musician/band t-shirts, but I did get a Beatles t-shirt once, and I do listen to the Beatles.

For reference, this is kind of what the shirt I had looked like

I like to get t-shirts that reflect my interests which is why I have an abundance of Disney shirts. But that's just me.




Now I want a Pink Floyd shirt